Head of the Hypertension Center
Istituto Clinico Universitario, Verano Brianza
Italian Foundation on “Ricerca e Innovazione su Ipertensione e Protezione Cardiovascolare”
Foundation of the European Society of Hypertension (ESH) in Switzerland
- Since 2008 he serves as Chairman of the Joint Board of the Italian Scientific
- Societies operating in the area of cardiovascular prevention.
- Currently he is Chairman of the Educational Board of ESH.
- He was appointed Lecturer of the Year by the Belgian Universities and Hypertension Leagues (1992) and was conferred the Talal Zein Foundation Award, the International Recordati Prize (2000), the 2001 Invernizzi Award for Medicine, the Gold Medal of the Lorenzini Foundation (2008), and the Hariri Memorial Award (2009).
- In 2015 he has been awarded as one of the 100 Italian excellences in various areas of human activities.